Distance Learning or Working Students
If you are an off-campus student, don't worry, we can still help. Send us a draft of your paper, along with your questions, and we will reply with relevant and helpful feedback.
Planning ahead and initiating an email exchange about your paper assignment and draft several days before the due date is a great way to improve your writing skills and stay on track.
Instructions for online writing tutoring via email:
- Email WritingCenter@rsu.edu using your RSU student email account.
- Include your full name, course name and number, and instructor's full name.
- Attach or describe the assignment in as much detail as possible.
- State when the assignment is due and what time you would like to have your paper returned. In most cases, we will return the paper within 1 business day from the time we receive it.
- Create a list of your concerns about your own writing, such as:
- Writing Introductions
- Writing Conclusions
- Organization, Coherence, and Transitions
- Development and Support (using evidence and details from the class texts or from research materials)
- Documenting Sources and Correctly Employing Citation Styles (tell us which style you are using)
- Proofreading Techniques