STRATTON TAYLOR LIBRARY
Faculty & Staff Services
The Library Committee, which includes selected faculty and staff members, provides significant input concerning library collections and services. Suggestions or requests for items can be made to committee members or Alan Lawless, Library Director.
Books & Other Materials
The library core collection occupies the second and third floors of the building.
- Holdings include: 77,000 books; 225 periodical subscriptions; 5,200 CDs & videos; 1,300 CDs
- Library has access to: 40,046 electronic books; 66 electronic databases
- Faculty members may check out more materials and renew them multiple times, since they may be using the materials as part of their courses.
- Faculty may keep up to 100 books, 20 compact discs, 25 DVDs, 20 audiotapes, and 50 videotapes.
- Books are checked out to faculty for 120 days and audiovisual materials for 60 days.
- Faculty are encouraged to return materials by the end of the semester.
- Adjunct faculty checkout privileges are the same as staff (see below). Their patron record expires at the end of each semester.
- Staff and adjunct faculty are limited to no more than 30 books, eight compact discs, eight DVDs, eight audiotapes, or eight videotapes.
- Books, audio books, and compact discs are checked out to staff for 21 days, and videotapes and DVDs are checked out for seven days.
- Search Catalog
The library has access to 60 databases and 422 periodical publications in print, electronic, or microfiche format.
- Public Address systems
- Video cameras
- Digital Cameras
- Video projectors
- TV/VCR units
- Computer projector
- Audiotape recorder/player
For in-house use
- Poster maker
- Binding machine
- Video duplicator
- Copy machine for library materials
- Audio duplicators