Rogers State University’s Center for Economic and Community Development is hosting a series of small business workshops designed to assist area small businesses and entrepreneurs in developing successful enterprises.
The workshops are free and open to interested business owners, managers and entrepreneurs. Seating is limited and advance registration is required.
The workshops will be presented by RSU faculty, state and area business specialists, and the Center for Economic and Community Development’s professional staff. All workshops will be held in Room 205 in Herrington Hall on RSU’s Claremore campus, except as noted below. The schedule includes:
- Seven Segments of a Successful Business Plan, 6-9 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 27, presented by Bob Price, business development specialist with the Center for Economic and Community Development.
- Managing Your Most Important Resource: Human Resource. 9 a.m.-noon, Saturday, Feb. 5, presented by Lynn Wilson, business services coordinator with the Center for Economic and Community Development.
- Be Your Own Boss: Steps to Small Business Start-Up. 6-9 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 17, presented by Bob Price, business development specialist with the Center for Economic and Community Development.
- Publicity, Promotions, and Partnerships – Creative and Cost-Effective Ways to Find Customers (And Help Them Find You), 6-9 p.m., Thursday, March 3, presented by Dana Gray, adjunct professor with RSU’s Department of Business.
- Keep Your Customers Coming Back! Relationship Marketing = Business Success, 6-9 p.m., Thursday, March 31, presented by Randy Clay, business man and author of “Business Lessons with Sharkmaster, Jr.”
- Insurance 101: Everything You Need to Know About Small Business Insurance, 6-9 p.m., Thursday, April 14, presented by insurance experts Bill Gattis and Nancy Shahadi.
- From the Eye of the Investor: Basics of Debt and Equity Funding, 6-9 p.m., Thursday, April 28, presented by funding advisor John Myers.
- Small Business Taxes: Understanding Your State and Federal Tax Obligations, 6-9 p.m., Thursday, May 5, presented by Bob Fitzgerald, CPA.
- Avoiding Legal Pitfalls of Small Business Ownership, 6-9 p.m., Thursday, May 12, presented by attorney Jim Jenkins.
RSU established the Center for Economic and Community Development to foster economic development and address the educational needs of business and industry in northeastern Oklahoma. One of the primary functions of the Center is to assist entrepreneurs who wish to start or expand their business. The professional staff at the Center provides assistance with business plans, financial planning, management, marketing, production, and workforce training. Most services are provided free of charge.
For more information or to register for the seminars, call the RSU Center for Economic and Community Development at (918) 343-7533.