Rogers State University marked Global Entrepreneurship Week with several events last week, including a keynote talk by David Rutkauskas, founder and CEO of Camille’s Sidewalk Café, and round table luncheon featuring area entrepreneurs.
More than 120 people attended the keynote talk where Rutkauskas shared the story of his business and his insight into entrepreneurship.
“It was a pleasure to have David and Camille Rutkauskas at RSU to celebrate this special week with our students. Entrepreneurship has and always will be the backbone of our economy. It was a great opportunity for our students to hear his story and have the opportunity to network with so many outstanding entrepreneurs,” said Dr. Larry Rice, RSU president.
The round table luncheon gave students and members of the community an opportunity to visit with successful Oklahoma entrepreneurs from a variety of industries. Guest entrepreneurs included:
- Jeremy Green from Real Time Rehabilitation and winner of the 2009 Mayor’s Entrepreneurial Spirit Award
- Preston Doerflinger from Respiratory Solutions of Tulsa
- DJ Clay Clark from the DJ Connection Tulsa Inc. and 2007 Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- Lorri Roberts from AeroStar International Inc.
- Jonathan Conneely founder of Bootcamp Tulsa & 2009 Tulsey award winner in the “Young” category
- Dr. William Paiva from Sevin Rosen Funds
- Al Dickson from Alcom Inc.
- Dick Rubin partner of Entrepot
In addition to the keynote presentation and entrepreneur luncheon, the RSU Students In Free Enterprise (SIFE) held a workshop taught by DJ Clay Clark on starting an entrepreneurial venture and avoiding the most common mistakes that result in business failure.
More information on the RSU Innovation Center is available by calling (918) 343-7533 or visiting www.rsu.edu/innovation/.