Rogers State University views strategic planning as an ongoing cyclical process designed to improve institutional effectiveness and align the university with its environment.
Strategic planning provides an opportunity to advance a learning culture that emphasizes and fosters the making of informed decisions in the short term about the best use of limited resources in order to position the institution to prosper and deliver maximum value to its many stakeholders in the future.
Accordingly, the Strategic Planning Committee has established the following desired outcomes:
- To create a greater sense of ownership and promote the accomplishment of the Rogers State University mission and commitments.
- To take into account the institution’s resource base in making plans for maintaining and strengthening the quality of the institution.
- To identify external trends and forces likely to affect the organization and its mission.
- To take into account the concerns and preferences of both internal and external stakeholders.
- To implement a broad-based and highly-participatory process.
- To require a candid examination of critical issues by key participants in order to develop common understanding and to build an ongoing commitment to the implementation and reevaluation of the plan.
Approved by the Strategic Planning Steering Committee on April 13, 2009