Rogers State University views strategic planning as an ongoing cyclical process designed to improve institutional effectiveness and align the university with its environment.
Strategic planning provides an opportunity to advance a learning culture that emphasizes and fosters the making of informed decisions in the short term about the best use of limited resources in order to position the institution to prosper and deliver maximum value to its many stakeholders in the future.
Accordingly, the Strategic Planning Committee has established the following desired outcomes:
- To create a greater sense of ownership and promote the accomplishment of the Rogers State University mission and commitments.
- To take into account the institution’s resource base in making plans for maintaining and strengthening the quality of the institution.
- To identify external trends and forces likely to affect the organization and its mission.
- To take into account the concerns and preferences of both internal and external stakeholders.
- To implement a broad-based and highly-participatory process.
- To require a candid examination of critical issues by key participants in order to develop common understanding and to build an ongoing commitment to the implementation and reevaluation of the plan.
Approved by the Strategic Planning Steering Committee on April 13, 2009
University Planning Group:
- Richard Beck, Vice President for Academic Affairs, Chairperson
- David Barron, Executive Director of Enrollment Management
- Ryan Erwin, Director of Athletics
- Jim Ford, Professor (Liberal Arts), President of Faculty Senate 2012-2013
- Bruce Garrison, Dean of the School of Business and Technology
- MaryRose Hart, Associate Professor (Business and Technology)
- Mary Millikin, Assistant Vice President for Accountability and Academics
- Denny Schmickle, Associate Professor (Liberal Arts)
- Leonard Szopinski, Director of Physical Plant
- Tobie Titsworth, Vice President for Student Affairs
- Tom Volturo, Executive Vice President for Administration and Finance
Master Capital Plan
- Higher Learning Commission
- Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
- Angelo, T. A. & Cross, P. K. (1993). Classroom assessment techniques: A handbook for college teachers. 2nd Ed. Jossey-Bass Publishers: San Francisco, CA.
- Rowley, D. J., Lujan, H. D., & Dolence, M. G. (1997). Strategic change in colleges and universities. Jossey-Bass Publishers: San Francisco, CA.