May 2, 2008
RSU Selects 2008-2009 President's Leadership Class
Rogers State University has selected 18 students for its 2008-2009 President's Leadership Class (PLC), a four-year scholarship program to help students develop leadership skills and personal and professional growth.
"The President's Leadership Class provides incoming freshmen with unique opportunities to foster their leadership skills and academic growth," said RSU President Designate Dr. Larry Rice. "I look forward to working with these student leaders throughout the year."
Each class member will work closely with student groups and university administration to improve services to students and the community, said Dr. Carolyn Taylor, RSU strategic initiatives coordinator and assistant professor in the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences.
Responsibilities of PLC members include volunteering for campus service projects, being active members of student organizations, attending selected RSU alumni programs and RSU Foundation events, and visiting high schools with RSU recruiters.
Students selected for the PLC will receive a $3,500 annual scholarship. The RSU Foundation has been instrumental in securing funding for this leadership initiative. PLC members were selected during a competitive process that included an on-campus interview with campus representatives.
The incoming PLC class includes the following students:
- Megan Patricia Adams, Northstar High School, daughter of Paul and Nancy Adams of Gray, Pennsylvania;
- Casey Wayne Allison, Wagoner High School, son of Gary and Dana Allison of Wagoner;
- Brandice Nicole Bartholomew, Nowata High School, daughter of Kelly and Terri Bartholomew of Nowata;
- Steven Hause Brueckner, Colcord High School, son of Eric and Angela King of Colcord and Rema Sain of Colcord;
- Cassandra Lynn Clay, Owasso High School, daughter of Carl and Brenda Clay of Owasso;
- Joshua Ross Dexter, Claremore High School, son of Dan and Teresa Dexter of Inola;
- Cameron Duane Dicken, Nowata High School, son of Joe and Skarlett of Nowata;
- Riley Duane Frost, Wagoner High School, son of Carla Frost of Wagoner and Duane Frost of Porter;
- Keeley Brooke Gibson, Oklahoma Union High School, daughter of Kent and Debbie Gibson of Delaware;
- Griffin M. Kane, Bishop Kelley, son of Joe and Michelle Kane of Tulsa;
- Jared Wayne Lyon, Owasso High School, son of Richard and Karen Lyon of Owasso;
- Amy Kathryn Paschal, Union High School, daughter of Nancy and Bill Paschal of Tulsa;
- Denver Lynn Poteet, Kansas High School, son of Lawanda Poteet of Tahlequah;
- Bryan Austin Riggs, Claremore High School, son of Bruce and Tobi Riggs of Claremore;
- Kelsey Shea Romig, Carl Albert High School, daughter of Dave and Debby Romig of Oklahoma City;
- Alex V. Sarntee, Claremore High School, son of Pat and Larisa Sarntee of Claremore;
- Garrett David Schilling, Broken Arrow Senior High, son of David and Diana Schilling of Broken Arrow;
- Charity Ann Weigant, Bristow High School, daughter of Martha Lovely-Weigant of Bristow.
For more information on the PLC, please contact the RSU Office of Enrollment Management at (918) 343-7545.