Rogers State University is accepting applications for a Cashier II . Under general supervision, the Cashier II will perform accounts receivable functions for a multi-campus institution as directed by the Bursar.
- Assist Bursar with the compliance issues arising from internal audits.
- Enter daily deposits into the state computer system.
- Prepare files for collections and reconcile with OU Collections on delinquent accounts.
- Prepare and send student statements and reconcile to monthly aging reports as required by internal auditors.
- Process all incoming bankruptcy forms.
- Monitor incoming funds and balance with new FACTS payment plan system.
- Process incoming charges including but not limited to library fines, parking fines and graduation fees.
- Prepare and disburse monthly reports to departments.
- Assist with keeping the policy and procedures manual up to date and in compliance with OU audit demands.
- Provides supplemental support as backup cashier, including daily balancing of cash drawer, collecting payments, and auxiliary deposits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or one year experience in customer relations, collections or related field.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field.
- Three years' experience in customer relations.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be proficient in MS Office including Excel, Word, Outlook and be able to operate a ten key.
- Must possess the ability to successfully interact with people and work under pressure.
- Knowledge of generally accepted office practices and effective communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, when necessary and interpret information clearly.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to provide effective written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work independently and complete work assignments, as well as learn and apply software applications necessary for job functions.