Name: Claudia Glass
Email: [email protected]
Phone Number: 918-343-7697
Title: Assistant Professor
Office: Loshbaugh Hall, Room 207
Northeastern State University, Tahlequah, OK
Thesis: Non-tradition Student Retention
Eastern State University, Ada, OK
Claremore Junior College (now Rogers State University), Claremore, OK
1993-Present, Instructor / Assistant Professor, Department of Biology
Rogers State University, Claremore, OK
Instruct classes and laboratories (designed and developed) in Science Proficiency Lecture and Lab: General Biology, Lecture and Lab, General Biology Lecture on live TV RSU Station, General Environmental Biology and Lab, Systems Biology Lecture and Lab, Science for Majors Lecture and Lab, General Physical Science Lecture and Lab, General Cellular Biology Lecture and Lab, Botany Lecture and Lab, Human Anatomy Lecture and Lab, Field Botany Lecture and Lab, (Designed and Developed) Animal Behavior Lecture, (Designed and Developed) Ornithology Lecture and Lab, (Designed and Developed) Toxicology Lecture, General Ecology Lecture and Lab, Shared in the development of the Environmental Conservation Bachelor’s Degree
1991-1993, Field Research Technician
Sutton Avian Research Center, Bartlesville OK
Allied Signal, Catoosa OK
1984-1990, Adjunct Instructor
Rogers State College (now Rogers State University), Claremore, OK
Honors & Awards
- Teacher of the Year Award
- Pfizer Award for Teaching Excellence
- Herrington Award for Teaching Excellence
- Research Committee
- Academic Integrity Committee
- Technology Committee
- Safety Committee
- RSU Conservation Education Committee
- Advise students in the 2-year and 4-year biology programs
- Library Committee
- Marketing Committee
- Scholarship Committee as Secretary
- Academic Integrity as Secretary
- Technology Committee as Secretary
- Board Member of CORD
- Adhoc Committee for PETE
- Conservation Chair for Oklahoma Ornithology Society
- Membership/Circulation Chair for Oklahoma Ornithology Society
- Secretary for Oklahoma Ornithology Society
- Research Grant for Scavenging Bias of Tower Killed Avian Species for Roger State University
- Partners in Flight, Oklahoma Chapter: Seat on the board with focus on the condition and population of birds of Oklahoma
- Partners in Environmental Technology in Education: Active participation in merging of industry and education
- Center for Occupational Research and Development: Seat on organizational board
- Oklahoma Academy of Science: Take students when meetings are close to RSU
- Inland Bird Banding: Band birds as a research tool
- National Science Teachers Association
- National Audubon Society
- The Wildlife Society
- Advisor for the Oologah Chapter of Girl Scouts in Environmental Studies. This mentoring opportunity includes reviewing their written reports and guest lecturing on specific requested topics. (Example: Reduction of the Florida Manatee.)
- Travel to schools in northeastern Oklahoma for Herpetological demonstrations. I take lab specimens both living and non-living to other institutions and grade schools on behalf of Rogers State University. This serves as recruiting tool and increases exposure for the institution as well as a learning tool for the students.
- Taken a variety of organisms to civic events for the general public awareness of the animals and the participation of Rogers State University in their community.
- Attend and judge science fairs.
- Presented at the Rogers County Bird Club Meetings.
- Presented at the an Arkansas Water Shed Contamination Meeting at the University of Arkansas.
- Performed bird-banding demonstrations on the RSU reserve during high school student visitation days.
- Served on the Rogers County Water Shed Board of Directors.