By establishing an endowed scholarship, you will be making the dream of a college education a reality for future generations of students.
Although RSU is more affordable than most colleges and universities, more than 80 percent of our students require some financial assistance. An endowed scholarship in your name – or in the name of a loved one – will help students with their tuition and expenses. Today, students and their families must pay a greater portion of their college education than ever before due to declining state and federal support. As a result, many students are finding it more difficult to attend college and are graduating with large amounts of debt.
Through a restricted financial gift to the Endowed Scholarship Program, you can help reduce the burden on these students, paving the way for their success in college – and life.
You will have the opportunity to shape the criteria by which students are selected to receive their scholarship. These criteria may include designating a specific department or program, student classification, financial need, or other criteria that meet your specific goals. You also will have the opportunity to meet the students who will benefit from your generosity, through correspondence or in person. Many of our students and donors become lifelong friends.
Here’s how it works:
- A gift of $25,000 is needed to establish a Named Endowment. This may be a one-time gift, or paid over a period of years.
- Your gift creates the endowment fund that remains permanently intact and is carefully managed by the RSU Foundation.
- A portion of the earnings is used to assist RSU students with tuition and fees, and a portion is re-invested to increase the principal balance of your endowment.
- Your Named Endowment continually grows over time and provides scholarships to generations of students.
- Your Named Endowment will establish a permanent legacy for you or your loved ones (or a beloved teacher or coach) at the university.