A series of seven short plays written and directed by Rogers State University students and faculty will be presented during the RSU Theatre Program production of “Original Recipe” this Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Performances will be held at 7:07 p.m. each night during its run at Will Rogers Auditorium on the Claremore campus. The show also is being presented in conjunction with RSU’s Art on the Hill art festival and sale that will be held this weekend.
Admission to the theatre production is $12 for adults, $7 for seniors, and $3 for students, staff and faculty with RSU ID. All proceeds will benefit student participation in the Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival regional competition.
“Original Recipe” features seven short plays that run the gamut from the humorous to the poignant, and it includes student original works alongside those of established playwrights.
The plays and performers include:
- “The Answer is Yes” written by Jerry Sipp with actors Daniel Fleming and Nathanael Cogan playing doctor and patient.
- “Jars” written by Jordan Morille with actors Kessiah Neff as Heely and Jennifer Stemmer as Skye.
- “Baggage” written by Jeanette D. Farr with actors including Cathy Coomer as Mirium, Brittany M. Book as Jo, Zach Aven as Robyn; and Aspen Sumner as Sam.
- “Order for Thank You” by Ashley Edwards with actors Emma Landeros and Ali Beene.
- “Renal” by Archer Williams with actors Jairus Bradley as Codyseus, Teran Houston as Dean, and Arick Matts as Hermes.
- “Attention” written by David Blakely with actors Paul Hatley as Patrick and Lacie Wofford as Lisa.
- “The Collectors” written by Jack Allen with actors Giovanni Ngare Wahome as Henry and Bethany Henley as Maddie.
An intermission is scheduled between the fourth and fifth plays.