RSU Bartlesville is located in the historic Reda Building, which has served as an elegant, nine-story centerpiece of downtown Bartlesville since 1919. The ornate facade of the building is constructed of cut stone and brick. The interior of the first-floor lobby is adorned with high-quality materials including marble and original light fixtures.
The building originally served as headquarters for the Cities Service Oil Co. and later was the home of the Reda Pump Co. RSU acquired the building from the Schlumberger Co., a worldwide oilfield services company that has major operations in Bartlesville, in 2005.
Classrooms, offices, computer lab, and science labs are located on the sixth and seventh floor. The Enrollment Center and bookstore are located on the first floor, and a business incubator center is located on the eighth floor.
- RSU Bartlesville is the only public four-year university in the Bartlesville region, serving students in Washington, Nowata, and Osage Counties, as well as southern Kansas.
- The RSU campus in Bartlesville opened in 1984.
- Today more than 550 students are enrolled at RSU Bartlesville.
- RSU Bartlesville has experienced robust growth in recent years, with double-digit enrollment increases during several recent semesters.
- Highly-qualified faculty members, most of whom hold doctoral degrees or the highest degrees available in their fields, teach classes at RSU Bartlesville.
- RSU maintains vigorous internship programs with area business and industry including ConocoPhillips.
- RSU is one of only 133 universities in the U.S. to utilize SAP software in its accounting and business curriculum to prepare students to use this cutting-edge technology in the workplace.
- RSU has signed transfer agreements with Coffeyville Community College and Independence Community College, allowing students to seamlessly transfer their classes to RSU while pursuing a bachelor’s or associate degree.
- RSU offers in-state tuition for residents of southern Kansas.