If you live in a country other than the United States and would like to gain admission and enroll in classes at RSU, please follow these easy steps.
Information on being a legal resident in the United States as an international student along with step by step instructions.
Instructions for Becoming an RSU Student
- Supply official transcripts from all schools attended. These transcripts must be evaluated and translated by World Education Services (WES) at the initiative and expense of the student. Contact WES at 212-966-6311.
- Complete the Financial Gurantee for International Admission and provide proof of financial support, including bank statements for the past year, represented in US currency.
- The more sources showing ability to pay, the better. Examples:
- Sponsors, work references, letter from parent employer, or parent's employer as a sponsor.
- Students work cannot be used as a source of income due to work being limited once enrolled.
Demonstrate English proficiency, if English is a second language, in one of the following ways:
- Students from the following countries are exempt from taking the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): Australia, Canada, England, Jamaica, New Zealand, Trinidad, and West Africa.
- Official TOEFL score of 500+ on the written examination, or
- Official TOEFL score of 173+ on the computerized examination, or
- Official TOEFL score of 61+ on the Internet based examination, or
- Official TOEFL score of 460+ on the written examination or 48+ on the Internet based examination and successful completion of a 12 week Intensive English Program (IEP) approved by the Oklahoma State Regents to be immediately followed by enrollment at RSU, or
- Graduate from an English speaking high school
- Provide copies of visa and passport.
- Submit completed I-901 after I-20 is received.
- The I-901 shows you have paid the SEVIS fee ($200). You must print and keep this receipt.
- I-20 form is the certificate of eligibility, proof you have been accepted into a full course of study at an approved institution in the United States.
- After you have an I-20 go to https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/students/formSelection.htm and pay the SEVIS fee.
All international students who have not earned 24 or more US college credit hours must submit an ACT or SAT score in order to be admitted. Information on these programs may be found at www.act.org and www.sat.org.
Transfer students also require:
- A valid I-94
- A copy of their U.S. transfer transcript
- SEVIS transfer request form
- Transfer students can provide, with written verification, a copy of their original I-20 from their transferring institution.