From: NEO – A.S., Business Administration: Management Info Systems Option
To: RSU – B.S., Business Information Technology
Option: Computer Network Administration
Option: Software Development and Multimedia
What it takes to complete a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Information Technology from RSU.
- You must complete at least 124 credit hours to earn your degree. Of those hours, 60 must be from a university (4 year school), 40 must be junior or senior (3000/4000) level, and half of the hours in your major must be completed through RSU.
- You must also meet English and computer proficiency requirements. This means that you must pass English Composition I and II with a “C” or better and pass the designated computer proficiency class.
- Therefore, when you transfer to RSU, you will likely need to complete around 64 more hours in order to earn your four year degree.
How do my NEO A & M classes transfer to RSU?
- Every class that you have completed at NEO will transfer to RSU. Each class will count as either general education, major, or free elective credit.
- Free electives are extremely flexible and can be selected from any academic area. They allow you to explore your academic interests outside of your major while counting toward the 124 hours you need to graduate. Most degree programs at RSU allow for some free electives.
- Any class completed at NEO that does not count toward general education or major credit will qualify as free elective credit, up to 64 hours.
- If you have completed more than 60 hours at the associate degree level, all courses will transfer to RSU, but only 64 hours will apply to your degree. This is because you must complete 60 hours from a four-year institution to meet state requirements for graduation with a baccalaureate degree.
|General Education Requirements: 38 Hours||Program Requirements: 16 Hours|
|ENGL||1113||Freshman Composition I||FYE||1011||Freshman Year Experience|
|ENGL||1213||Freshman Composition II||ACCT||2103||Financial Accounting|
|American History||ACCT||2203||Managerial Accounting|
|POLS||1113||American Government||CS||2134||BASIC Programming|
|MATH||1513||College Algebra||ECON||2013||Introduction to Macroeconomics|
|General Psychology -OR-
Introduction to Sociology
|ECON||2023||Introduction to Microeconomics|
|Approved Humanities (6 hours)||Additional Hours as Directed by Advisor: 6 Hours|
|Approved Lab Sciences (8 hours)||CS||2423||Telecommunications and Networking|
|Java Programming I -OR-
|General Education Requirements: 3 Hours||Software Development & Multimedia Option: 12 Hours|
|Approved Global Studies course||Select form the following to equal 12 credit hours|
|Program Core Requirements: 22 Hours||CS||3213||Multimedia Development|
|CS||2323||Programming II||CS||3333||Object-Oriented Technology|
|CS||3223||Data Modeling||CS||3423||Software Engineering|
|CS||3413||Systems Analysis||CS||3523||Distributed Systems Development|
|CS||3623||Human-Computer Interface Development||CS||4523||Advanced Web System Development|
|Programming I -OR-
Network Operating Systems
|IT||3723||Computer Architecture||IT||4313||Emerging Technologies|
|IT||4504||Practicum and Capstone||Computer Network Administration Option: 12 Hours|
|Business Support Courses: 18 Hours||Select form the following to equal 12 credit hours|
|BADM||2843||Business Statistics||IT||3153||Network Operating Systems II|
|ENGL||3113||Advanced Technical Writing||IT||3253||Advanced TCP/IP Administration|
|MATH*||2364||Analytical Geometry and Calculus II||IT||3753||Network Security|
|MATH*||2464||Analytical Geometry and Calculus III||IT||4113||Network Routing|
|MKT*||3113||Principles of Marketing||IT||4313||Emerging Technologies|
|MGMT||3013||Principles of Management||IT||4353||Information Assurance and Security Management|
|MGMT||3423||Management Information Systems||IT||4373||Information Assurance Regulations and Ethics|
|Select one from the following:|
|ACCT||3243||Accounting Information Systems|
|FINA||3503||Principles of Finance|
|TECH||3013||Leadership and Decision-Making Skills|
Total hours at NEO = 60
Total hours at RSU = 64
Total hours = 124
*Required for Telecommunications Foundations Option. Students should consider the prerequisites in selecting math and science courses.