See what makes the EMS program a unique, hands-on experience. Video created by RSU Communications students.
The core of RSU’s degree programs in emergency medical services focuses on providing intensive and hands-on study of complex medical issues.
Clinical instruction is used to provide students with experiences dealing with the practical application of their classroom studies.
RSU is a recognized leader in serving the educational needs of Oklahoma’s emergency medical services community.
The emergency medical services program at RSU provides students with a demanding curriculum that delivers not only hands-on medical training, but also a well-rounded academic background available from a four-year university.
- More than 87% of RSU students pass the national registry exam, compared to a national pass rate of 64%
- Highest EMT-Intermediate pass rate in Oklahoma
- Excellent reputation for graduating candidates who make a difference
- More certifications (ACLS, PALS, NRP, PHTLS) than any training program in the state
Points to Consider
- RSU maintains the only program in the state to offer a leadership component where students receive 24 hours of clinical management experience.
- CPR and EVOC courses are available.
- A degree in emergency medical services from a four-year university places students in an ideal position to advance their education and earn a bachelor degree.
- Students receive dedicated case review time with the university’s EMS medical director.
- Courses are centered around real-time, scenario-based instruction and evaluation.
- Class scheduling encompasses all coursework components including clinical hours.
- The EMS program is Nationally accredited through the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).