Rogers State University’s Hilltop Challenge helps to develop commitment, self-confidence and teamwork among its participants as well as strengthen teams and individuals using a combination of games, obstacle courses, and initiative/problem-solving activities.
Hilltop Challenge is an exhilarating maze of cables, ropes, trees, logs, platforms, and games. Each of these activities sharpen physical and mental skills in a cooperative environment.
Hilltop Challenge promotes leadership skills, goal getting, communication, problem solving, teamwork, confidence, trust, and self-esteem. These team-building and experiential learning programs demand a high level of expectation by participants, but provide these challenges within a supporting and caring atmosphere.
The underlying principal of RSU’s Hilltop Challenge is that if a person is supported to move out of his/her comfort zone, and has a successful experience, then powerful conditions exist for positive change both for the individual and the group.
- Increase the participant’s sense of personal confidence
- Increase mutual support within a group
- Develop trust and the ability to work as a team
- Develop an increased level of agility and physical coordination
- Develop an increased joy in one’s physical self and in being with others
- Develop an increased familiarity and identification with the natural world
Hilltop Challenge is designed so that people of all ages and physical abilities can benefit from the experience. Groups that have utilized the course include:
- Church and youth groups
- Businesses wanting to emphasize team-building
- Volunteer organizations
- Service groups
- Any group wanting to build trust and relationships
Hilltop Challenge has been developed and maintained to the highest safety standards. The course is operated and staffed under the professional supervision of Rogers State University. All facilitators and instructors are trained and certified.