Guard Officer Leadership Development Program
The GOLD (Guard Officer Leadership Development) Program is a challenging premier leadership program available to Oklahoma National Guard Soldiers who attend Rogers State University.
The academic leadership training you receive is built into your college curriculum. During classes, leadership labs, physical training and field training exercises you will learn firsthand what it takes to lead others, motivate groups and conduct missions as an Army Officer.
Upon completion of the GOLD Program you will earn the rank of Second Lieutenant and become a commissioned officer in the Army National Guard.
- Life skills in time management, problem solving, and organization
- Professional skills in effective communication and PowerPoint presentation
- Leadership skills in small group team building and management
- Non-deployable through graduation
- 100% paid college tuition
- Residence hall scholarship
- Oklahoma Military Academy Scholarship
- MGI Bill
- Leadership lab instead of drill
- Commission at 90 hours with GOLD versus 124 hours with ROTC
- Paid training
GOLD Enlistment Options
- Meet all current National Guard Enlistment Criteria
- Be of high moral character
- Agree to complete basic and advanced individual training
- Agree to enroll in GOLD at RSU as a full-time student for the duration of the program
- Attain a 110 GT score or higher by the end of the sophomore year of college
- Hold and maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0
Applicants/Soldiers accepted into the GOLD Program will not be mobilized for the duration of the time they are in the GOLD Program. Failure to meet GOLD requirements and maintain full-time student status will end stabilization and return the Soldier to his/her parent unit.
GOLD enlistment applicants are eligible for all current ARNG incentives provided they meet the criteria outlined in the current ARNG Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP).