Department of Psychology, Sociology & Criminal Justice
Criminal Justice Society (CJS)
The Criminal Justice Society promotes academic excellence in order to make the Criminal Justice System and its practitioners more effective and ethical.
The purposes of CJS shall be:
- to promote critical thinking, rigorous scholarship, and lifelong learning;
- to keep abreast of the advances in scientific research;
- to elevate the ethical standards of the criminal justice professions;
- and to sustain in the public mind the benefit and necessity of education and professional training.
Availability for membership is as follows:
- Open to all students interested in Criminal Justice
- Must be currently enrolled at RSU
- Officers must maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Must present a positive and respectful attitude towards other participants and faculty during any and all CJS activities
Bi-weekly Meetings (1st and 3rd Tuesday of Each Month)
Preparatory Hall, Room 400