Visual Arts Bachelor's Degree
The Bachelor of Fine Art in Visual Arts degree stresses competence in theory, research, and critical and creative thinking skills through practiced applications.
- Option: Graphic Design
The Graphic Design Option focuses on the basics of graphic design, as well as the latest technology in advanced digital imaging, digital photography, and consumer product package design.
- Option: Multimedia
The Multimedia Option incorporates elements of graphic design with digital three-dimensional art, animation and sequential art.
- Option: Photographic Arts
With the Photographic Arts Option, students will acquire specific knowledge and skills needed to function in a variety of careers associated with the discipline.
- Option: Studio Art
The Studio Arts Option is based on the traditional disciplines of visual art including drawing, painting, printmaking, photography and sculpture.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate mastery in written, oral, artistic, and visual communication skills, as well as the ability to think creatively and critically.
- Create a body of work in the chosen media.
- Critique own work in oral and written form.
- Demonstrate proficient knowledge of the history and theory of Fine Art.