Department of English & Humanities
Ms. Frances Morris
Baird Hall, Room 215E
B.S., CollegeTeaching/Language Arts
Northeastern State University, Tahlequah, OK
B.S., Medical Technology
Missouri Southern State College, Joplin, MO
2012-Present, Assistant Professor
Rogers State University, Claremore, OK
- Courses taught: Composition I, Composition II, and Basic Writing
Tulsa Community College-West Campus, Tulsa, OK
- Courses taught: two classes of Composition I each semester
Self-employed on a ranch in Ramona, OK
Mother of two unique sons, owned and operated large cattle ranch (110 cows), raised show quality English bulldogs and sold them worldwide.
Collinsville Memorial Hospital Laboratory, Collinsville, OK
Medical Technologist II
Oklahoma Children’s Memorial Hospital, OKC, OK
1973-1974, Acting Supervisor of Microbiology Department
Boone County Hospital, Columbia, MO
- 2005-present writing faculty member
- 2005-present plagiarism task force
- 2007 Faculty Development Committee
- 2005-present Gay/Straight Alliance faculty co-advisor
- 2005- 2006 Black History Month Planning Committee
- 2006 International Student Union Advisory Committee
- February 28-March 3, 2007 attended AWP Conference in Atlanta, GA
- February 14, 2007 presented a paper titled "Electric Arcs: Character Development in Buffy the Vampire Slayer” at the Pop Culture Conference in Albuquerque, NM
- October 5-6 attended the Thomson Wadsworth National Developmental English Workshop in Las Vegas, NV
- November 3, 2006 attended the Oklahoma Women in Higher Education Maximizing the Leadership in YOU in Oklahoma City, OK
- May 28, 2006 presented a paper titled "What Willow Wants: Moral Choices, Right and Wrong” at Gordon College’s Whedon conference in Barnesville, GA.
- November 11-12, 2004 attended the OKAIDE annual conference in Tulsa, OK.
- Assisted in editing the 7th edition of The Guide to College Writing, 2000.
- Forthcoming: Reality in Fiction in Buffy the Vampire Slayer: "Electric Arcs: Moral Choices Sparked by Connections”