Liberal Arts Bachelor's Degree
The Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts ♦ degree is an innovative, interdisciplinary degree that fosters students who think critically, creatively, and independently, and who have the skills to work in all type of situations and communicate with all types of people.
- Option: English
The English Option explores the world of written and literary culture. Drawing on the interdisciplinary tradition of the liberal arts this degree offers students the opportunity to develop critical thinking skills with a focus in the English Language. A study of the Liberal Arts provides a strong, broad-based education. The concepts, experience, and creations of people from pre-history to the present are studied with the goal of providing the students with a sound grounding in our cultural heritage.
- Option: Global Humanities ♦
The Humanities Option explores the wide variety of cultural opportunities facing a global citizen of the twenty-first century. Drawing heavily on the interdisciplinary tradition of the liberal arts this degree offers students the opportunity to develop critical thinking skills through a number of liberal arts disciplines.
- See Humanites Option Course Selection
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate competence in their written, oral, and visual communication skills as well as the ability to think creatively and critically.
- Critique own work in oral and written form.
- Evidence an understanding of the Western cultural heritage, and an appreciation of the diversity of perspectives on the human condition.
♦ Available online