Day of Graduation
- Graduates should arrive dressed in your graduation regalia at the Claremore Expo Center no later than 30 minutes prior to the start of your commencement ceremony.
- Graduates will be directed to the Graduate Gathering Area to fill out your name card (which will be given to the announcer with instructions on pronunciation) and photo card information. Assistants will be available here for you.
- Graduates will be instructed when to line up single-file, according to tassel color, between the signs for your school.
- Graduates will walk in together during the processional and will be guided to the correct row by faculty marshals.
- Bachelor Degree – Black Cap and Gown
- Associate Degree – Silver Cap and Gown
- Summa Cum Laude – Blue Stole
- Magna Cum Laude – Red Stole
- Cum Laude – White Stole
- Undergraduates – Red Tassel
- Master’s Candidates – Drab Tassel
- Men should wear dark slacks, dress shoes, and an appropriate shirt under their gown.
- Women should wear dark slacks or a skirt, along with an appropriate shirt and nice shoes.
- Please arrive at the Expo dressed in your graduation regalia.
Commencement photos will be taken during the ceremony at the Claremore Expo Center by Candid Color Photography.
- View photos at: www.candidcolorphotography.com
- Portraits will be available to order online 24 hours after the event
- Portraits will be available for 5 years
- Choose from dozens of products and mix & match packages
Keepsake videos of the ceremonies will be available for purchase on DVD. The discs will be priced at $20 each for either the associate ceremony or the bachelor’s and master’s degree ceremony; the discs will be available for shipping approximately two weeks after the event.
DVDs can be purchased by mail or by phone through RSU Public Television.
- To order by phone and pay with a credit card, call 800-823-7210. Payment may be made with VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express.
- To order by mail, send a note identifying which ceremony recording you wish to receive, along with a check or money order to RSU Public TV, 1701 W. Will Rogers Blvd., Claremore, OK 74017.
Diplomas are typically mailed to graduates within 8-10 weeks of the commencement ceremony. To ensure you receive your diploma, make sure all holds have been cleared from your account. Holds may be for transcripts, immunizations, bursar, library, etc. If you do not receive your diploma by the end of the 10-week period, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 918-343-7552.
Fall & Summer Graduates
Students who complete their graduation requirements at the end of the previous summer or fall semester are invited to participate in the May commencement ceremony. Those who are within four hours of graduation at the end of spring and have enrolled in the needed courses in the summer are also invited to participate in May commencement. Once all graduation requirements have been fulfilled by fall and summer degree candidates, the transcripts will be updated to include the degree conferred. Within 8-10 weeks, students should receive a diploma in the mail. Diplomas will indicate the actual date of degree completion.