In order to graduate you must complete all requirements for your degree. A bachelor’s degree requires a minimum of 120 credit hours required and an associate degree requires a minimum of 60 credit hours required.
You must earn a combined retention/graduation GPA of at least 2.0 in all coursework. No grade lower than “C” will be accepted in a major or minor or in courses transferred from an out-of-state institution.
- Submit Application for Graduation:
- Spring 2017 graduates submit by November 1, 2016
- Summer 2017 graduates by March 1, 2017
- Fall 2017 graduates by June 27, 2017
- Complete a Degree Completion Plan Worksheet with your advisor.
Pay fee in the Bursar’s office
- Complete the Financial Aid Exit Counseling if you received any loans.
- Attend Commencement Countdown on Thursday, March 23, 2017.
Ticket pick-up will begin during Commencement Countdown. Following the event, tickets will be available in person in Meyer Hall, 9:30 am – 4:00 pm.
- Confirm Graduation and Financial Aid Status with the Registrar’s office.
Are you certified to graduate? (Bring Student ID). Confirm there are no holds on your account.
- Request time off work to attend Commencement events.
- Purchase Commencement Regalia at the RSU Bookstore.
Purchase regalia early to ensure best fit.
- Order your Commencement announcements from Herff Jones.
Act quickly as orders take several weeks to process.
- Have professional photo taken for announcements during Commencement Countdown event.
Visit Candid Color Photography for details.
- Attend Commencement!
- Respond to the RSU Graduating Student Survey.
- Obtain permission to use professors and employers as references on your resume.
- Visit Career Services to polish your resume and hone your interview skills.
- Attend a Career or Graduate School Fair.
- Apply for jobs online.
- Remain in touch with your Alumni Association!