Rogers State University Alumni Association



Academics Home

Academic Information

Academic Schools


Course Description

Degrees Offered

      - Bachelors

      - Associates

Academic Enrichment Program

Financial Aid

Tuition and Fee Information

General Information

Governing Boards

Student Affairs/Support

Student Success and Retention

Faculty Credentials




A grant is a type of financial assistance that does not have to be repaid.

Federal PELL—The Pell Grant is a federally sponsored program which is offered to students taking three hours or more. It is limited to the full-time equivalent of five academic years of study.

Federal SEOG—The Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant is also a federally sponsored needs-based program designed to provide additional assistance to students.

OTAG—Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant is a state-sponsored needs based program designed to help pay tuition costs. To be eligible, a student must be enrolled in at least six hours and be a resident of Oklahoma. An application can be made by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.

Oklahoma Higher Learning Access Program (OHLAP) – OHLAP is a program administered by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education that covers general tuition costs. Students whose family income does not exceed $50,000 are eligible if they apply during their 8th, 9th, or 10th year of high school. This program has other specific requirements during high school and thereafter which must be met to remain in the program. Further information can be obtained from the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education at (405) 524-9160 or high school counselors.

BIA—This grant is made available to Native American students with a Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB) card. Forms for obtaining a CDIB card, BIA Higher Education Grant, and BIA Higher Education Grant renewal are available at local tribal offices. Applicants are normally required by the BIA to submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).