Our commitments, which support the RSU mission, are as follows:
- To provide quality associate, baccalaureate, and graduate degree opportunities and educational experiences which foster student excellence in oral and written communications, scientific reasoning, and critical and creative thinking.
- To promote an atmosphere of academic and intellectual freedom and respect for diverse expression in an environment of physical safety that is supportive of teaching and learning.
- To provide a general liberal arts education that supports specialized academic programs and prepares students for lifelong learning and service in a diverse society.
- To provide students with a diverse, innovative faculty dedicated to excellence in teaching, scholarly pursuits, and continuous improvement of programs.
- To provide University-wide student services, activities, and resources that complement academic programs.
- To support and strengthen student, faculty, and administrative structures that promote shared governance of the institution.
- To promote and encourage student, faculty, staff, and community interaction in a positive academic climate that creates opportunities for cultural, intellectual, and personal enrichment for the University and the communities it serves.