Behavioral Sciences Lab
- Step 1: Prospectus and Selection Process
Develop prospectus in Research Methods 1 (RM1) and submit to Behavioral Sciences Lab (BSL) committee.
- Prospectus can be based off pre-existing iWorx study.
- Committee will consider prospectus, GPA, Resume and/or CV, and possibly an interview.
- Due to limited availability of the lab the application process is competitive.
- Should be completed 2 semesters before capstone class is taken.
- Application should be submitted 1 week prior to final day of class during the semester RM1 is taken.
- Applicants will be notified of status by the beginning of Quantitative Research Methods (QRM).
- Non BSSS students must follow these same procedures.
- Step 2: Paper and Project Development
- During QRM, selected students will begin development of their paper and project.
- Near the end of the semester, they will begin training with iWorx (lab tech will train selected students).
- Students must complete IRB application and CITI training and receive approval before end of semester.
- Step 3: Pilot Studies
- During winter intersession, selected students begin running pilot studies.
- This will allow them to make corrections as needed before the beginning of capstone.
- Students must also develop methods of recruitment and advertisement.
- Step 4: Experimentation
- In order to get the number of participants necessary to achieve significant results, students must begin experimentation the first week of class.
- This gives students two and a half months to run subjects.